Monday 27 April 2020

Moorcock Quote



"If I set a story on the island, I'd learn a little bit about the island. But just enough to tell the story. As it is I tend to take my stories from the places I've been, but "world-making" as a pastime is meaningless to me. I know that there are people out there who do this all the time, but it sort of stops you in your tracks, because all you're doing is building a world, you're not navigating that world. I find that very peculiar. All of these are assumptions made by people who've come out of the genre itself: Dungeons and Dragons, everything that's come since me. Most of that stuff is fairly strange to me. Younger readers will complain that my books are all right, but I don't go into enough detail, the way all these other writers do. Now as far as I'm concerned, those writers are boring farts. They're wasting my time and killing a tree to boot. That stuff I just skip automatically.​" Michael Moorcock

No comments:

Post a Comment