Sunday 8 August 2021

StairGate


Acrylic painting by SnakeAppleTree 2017 
“coastal emotional landscape” 







The StairGate is a necessity. 

Both my dog and I hate it for different reasons. 

He wants it to disappear entirely while I want it to become more stable. 

It blocks his access to the rest of the house which frustrates him. 

It trips me up and gets in my way every time I come through to the kitchen. 

There is no happy compromise without one of us backing down entirely.

And so, the gate is necessary. 

I the supposed Master of course have absolute control over it except for the fact that the clever underdog can easily jump it whenever he thinks I’m not looking.

The battle of wills involved in manifesting how our lives should and could be, is as huge as the profound symbolism embodied by this situation. 


#MythsForModernMuppets






No comments:

Post a Comment