Friday 8 March 2024

The Amber Herd Vault

 



My Mind Palace is reinforced with silver linings. Dealing with my ex has taught me astutely how to convert toxic to tool, a ‘gemstone’ of precious protective Amber. 


In my mind palace is a sealed vault which I call The Amber Herd Box. Spelled that way intentionaly. 


It is populated by all of those I encounter, who judge without evidence, who form their opinions without requesting proof, or even acknowledging there is another version of the story. 


It is equivalent to an IQ test fail, but it is an empathy test fail. 


I go through life looking for signs of humanitarianism. Those who have proven lacking go into the amber herd box. 


They are the Herd.


Carved onto the door of the vault of the Amber Herd is the Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, from Frank Herbert’s Dune. 


“I must not a fear. Fear is the Mind-killer. Fear is the little-death which leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. After the fear has passed there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” 


Being accessible from the Palace of a Thousand Doors from the novel The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende, there is another door next to the sealed door of the vault of the amber herd. 


That door is marked with the symbol of a hopeful child holding a twisted shepherds staff and accompanied by a young dog. It is called the chamber of ignorant bliss, also known as foolhardy confidence.




CASE STUDIES





No comments:

Post a Comment