Wednesday 1 July 2015

Drifter

Drifter

An excerpt from Tales of the Spaceways,
from the Sounds of Space sequence by Snake Apple Tree

Drifter

The space vehicle is quiet other than rhythmic humming sound of the generators soothing me subconsciously. 3D printed survival vehicles designed for establishing colonies in other universes, stripped back to the very basics so I did not have to be involved with the politics inevitable in any pioneer community. A man in a tin can.

Without distraction I have been living out here a long time, alone, drifting. I have left behind human civilisation because it is stupid. I am one of many of the first wave who were able to escape Terra, the planet we used to call Earth before things moved on. I orbit a beautiful star system the colours of which are difficult to describe in words. Breath taking. Spell binding.

The space vehicle provides for all of my needs other than the irritation of human company. I watch myself growing older slowly. I answer to nobody and do whatever I please at my own pace of life. I am patient and nobody is frustrated with me when I become frustrated. Nobody to tell me what to think and what to do. An ascetic practising the Tau of the Spaceways. I tend my food forest.

The space vehicle is cloaked, nobody knows I am here other than the military scopes which can see through commercial cloaking devices. They leave me alone as they know I am no threat at all. There are countless such as myself out here amidst the stars. Our bones grow frail without the nano meds. Our minds float free.

Most of my time is spent daydreaming, perhaps sleep dreaming, it is difficult to tell the difference. The hallucinations are real; psychological reports indicated that space travellers would experience this often. What they did not indicate is the number of us who would be sharing the same hallucinations. To my way of thinking this means they are not imaginary, there is something to it other than space craziness. Perhaps free of the pull of gravity and living in zero-g, a human mind perceives into other dimensions.

I have machines for company, various computer intelligences. Also I receive the long wave bulletin. It says that wonderful new machines have been invented back in the Milky Way which obviously I cannot access since I am so far out. I would have to step back into stasis. At first the long wave was a method of communication between distant colonies. It uses some type of sub space. Technologists have figured out how to send objects through it. A sort of transduction using quantum entanglement. A blueprint goes in at one end and an object is constructed at the other end using available local atoms.

I do not have such a receiver, mine has only an output speaker. The machine makes it possible for habitable environments in far away star systems to be created from custom designs, many light years before anybody can arrive there using conventional spacefaring methods. Wormhole technology or light beams or re-assembly devices will enable people to travel there as quickly as stepping into another world. The Spaceways have opened up. Humans embrace infinity.

The long wave is explaining how another of the new technologies is spreading like a plague back to the industrial home worlds. A symbiotic bio-technology which can provide for all human needs. There are even living space vessels whose organic systems create life support within their guts for human habitation.

As these things can be grown or born or however they are produced, there will soon be no need for industrial resources at all. Everything that people require is provided for. It is the end of societies based on limited resources. No more will trade and barter systems be necessary.

They have called them Dragon Craft although the spoken mutation of the colony worlds colloquial jargons pronounces it as Drakencroft. Its symbols are the Sun Serpent, the Ankh, the Tree (whose branches fold around like caring hands to form a crucible. Draco Ankh Raft. At once both primal and spiritual, Life vessel.

Universal symbolism the same as with our collective hallucinations. And this itself mutates, folding around on itself in a perpetual re-invention heralding next epoch. Twin solar deities in harmony (dRAka’nkRAft) ~ [d RA ka nk RA ft] together create the new phase of human development. It is a mythology made material. Ancient etymology reveals a new layer of meaning, has become relevant now we are ready to comprehend and integrate. I wonder how many others whose lifestyles have enabled them this level of clarity.

Much as I, the individual have dedicated toward a self image based on solipsism, social isolation; it is impossible to avoid that being a consciousness capable of accessing spheres of mind and a body wrought of the same flesh as the rest of my species; that we are all one thing, one entity, a singularity. The excitement of our progress rises through me despite the impossibility of my taking any part in it due to circumstance. I will never live to see the consequence of these breakthroughs in technology which enable social reform resulting in evolutionary breakthroughs in perception. Although I am that, I have done that to the extent my own generation enabled. The visionary goes beyond the immediate practicality. We are out of date before we are even begun.

And yet… there is the Tau and its hidden messages which reveal themselves only to its disciples. To live at the pace of breath. To contemplate and focus less on material density and more on spiritual awakening. The mind reaches out infinitely at frequencies of beyond time and mass. Some place exists in the Dreaming in which I already am born anew. As no form of energy stops, only transmutes; so too will my awakening self re-emerge elsewhere into a life and time where even the wonders of today will be aged. I contemplate in a timeless void, to connect with that one, to turn the mind into its own form of quantum transducer, to speak telepathically with my as yet unborn future incarnation.

I step into the stasis pod knowing that by the time I arrive back into the Milky Way such an antiquated device and that everything I have heard about on the long wave at this time will have become an obsolete technology. I am a museum piece. And yet, I am.

The Spaceways are filled with such.



©2015 SnakeAppleTree

No comments:

Post a Comment