Saturday 6 June 2015

TV LICENSE SCAM

The following document is necessary given that in order to notify the TV licensing company that I have no TV they expect me to print out one of their forms to send them by post at cost to myself. Please feel free to copy/paste and adapt it if you are in the same situation as myself.

Here is a useful list of contacts for the TV License company:
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/making-a-complaint-AB7



                                                                                                                                                full address
                                                                                                                                                            date


FAO:
Head of Revenue Management
BBC TV Licensing
1st Floor, The Lighthouse
BBC White City
201 Wood Lane
London
W12 7TQ

                                                RE: first line of address / postcode (or REF number)

To TV License company,

Further to my previous correspondence of ‘nearly two years ago’ which you have ignored by continuing to send me notification;

I do not, to quote your letters; ‘watch programmes on any device, as they’re being shown on TV’ as I have no intention to be programmed. I do not ever intend to change this situation.

Also it is a criminal offense in respect of the Data Protection Act1988 to hold any records regarding a person without that persons consent. You do not have my consent. You may have my consent to hold only the following explicit information as stated below, and none other information. A copy of this notification alone should acceptably suffice.

                first line of address / postcode : EXEMPT FROM FURTHER CONTACT

If you should ever have any justifiable reason to contact me then you may do so by agreed arrangement of prior written confirmation at the following rates;

                                               Fee Schedule:

                                             £500 per letter elicited
                                            £1000 per appearance, per hour or part thereof
                                                       in legal and/or natural person
                                            £10,000 for my acting on any order

Please be aware that ringing my doorbell constitutes an appearance in person. As a gesture of good will you will not be invoiced for this correspondence dated 6.6.15 despite it being unnecessary re-affirmation of previous correspondence.

Any contact from you which falls outside of the listed fee schedule may initiate legal action under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and/or relevant contemporary equivalent.

Thank you

The Legal Occupier, first line of address

Without ill will, frivolity or vexation.




2 comments:

  1. January 2016

    To: The Legal Occupier

    Dear Sir/Madam,
    You have not responded to our previous letters. We want to ensure you have the information you may need before a hearing is set at your local court.
    Please read the information below carefully and keep for your records. You will be allowed to take it into court with you.
    Yours faithfully,
    [authorized signature]
    Enforcement Manager

    WHAT TO EXPECT IN COURT
    If you are asked to appear in court, this is what you can expect to happen:
    You can appoint a lawyer to represent you, or you may represent yourself.
    Evidence collected during an enforcement visit to your property is used by the court to decide if you are guilty of TV License evasion.
    The court has the power to impose a fibne off up to £1,000 plus any legal costs and/or compensation you may be ordered to pay. The decision is legally binding.
    If your property needs a TV licence, you will still need to buy one.

    HOW TO AVOID A COURT SUMMONS
    It is illegal to watch or record programmes as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service without a TV License - no matter what device you use. The only way to stop this investigation from going any further is to do one of the following:
    Buy a TV License. A colour license costs £145.50
    Let us know you don't need one at tvlicensing.co.uk/noTV. We may visit to confirm this.
    ______________________________________________________________

    Well obviously the first point of contention I have with their threatening letter is that I have responded to their previous letters as is plainly obvious by the existence of this blog which shows very clearly exactly How I responded to their previous letters.

    On the upshot, I note also that like myself, the TV License company spell the word Colour with a U although I have gone over to the American way of spelling program without suffix -me. Blogspots spellchecker picks up on these things.

    I am ignoring their stressful letter to see what happens next and how far they are going to take their game before I show a judge a copy of the letter I sent explaining to them that i do not have aTV and that by Common Law I do have a Right to charge money for my time especially when it involves ignoring my pre-notification to invade my private living space on a pretext of attempting to exploit me for money. It will be a very expensive maneuver for them if a judge decides to obey the Law. Not that I have any guarantee's regarding that in this day and age.

    For emphasis: the criteria for requiring a TV License in Britain is that a person ACTIVELY WATCHES LIVE STREAM. If a person does not do this, no license is required. I do not do this. They cannot ever be able to prove that I do, simply because I do not do this.

    The gray area about 'what happens if I watch cached data from Youtube, Netflix or Amazon Prime' is answered very simply by this: those are not live streams. They are exempt from TV License. Simple as.


    ReplyDelete
  2. My second point of contention is that a Court cannot summon 'the legal occupier' because a court summons (is actually a request to become involved with my financial concerns, which I do not legally have to oblige them as such intervention is necessary voluntary; it would be abuse of Human Rights to force me into court; writing a polite letter to decline their offer of contract will of course be charged to the TV License company at my pre-notified schedule). The court can only deliver such an invitation to a named person. 'the legal occupier' is not sufficient; I would have to voluntarily accept that the term represents me. The descriptor 'legal occupier' rather than simply 'the occupier' is specific: they are talking to the paperwork entity which as an inert object has no mind and soul to be able to make such decisions by itself. Ask your passport verbally where it wants to go on holiday next year for £145.50 and it won't tell you, given that it is not blessed with a mind and soul. Writing a letter to an inert object is a symptom of mental health disorder in my professional opinion as a qualified counselor and on this basis the [authorized signature] on the Notification from the TV License company dated January 2016 is evidence of that. Whoever authorized it talks to walls and expects answers. I do not intend to trade with such a person.

    ReplyDelete