Sunday 7 February 2016

Respect


NOUN 1. a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements. 2. due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others. 3. a particular aspect, point, or detail.


VERB 1. admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievement. 2. have due regard for (someone's feelings, wishes, or rights). 



Respect is hard-earned; it is not a given. 
Respect is lost very easily. 
Respect is not a thing that can be forcefully endorsed.




Examples:

"You have no respect for the Law."
"I have no respect for anybody who has no respect for the correct use of language."
"Are you disrespecting my authority?"
"Do you respect the difference between a Law and a Statute?"
"A Statute is given the force of a Law by consent of the governed."
"I do respect the Common Law of my Ancestors." 
"Do you respect governmental statutory legislation?"
"I do not consent to be governed and I have no respect for anybody who places me under duress. I am respectfully under duress."



RESPONSIBILITY IS RESPECTABILITY. 

RESPECTABILITY IS RESPONSIBILITY. 


Is that true?
Why would somebody respectful feel any need to respond to externally provoked stimulus?
A respondent is adjusting an external circumstance.



No comments:

Post a Comment