Tuesday 11 July 2023

RascalsAndReceipts



“Where there’s a way or path, it is someone else’s path; 
each human being is a unique phenomenon. 
The idea is to find your own path." 
Joseph Campbell


“I’ve always felt that people seek out the information and knowledge they need. 
They seek it out and find it...
Nobody will give you the pathway. 
It’s something you have to find yourself.” 
James Cameron





This megablog is a list of links ‘rascals and receipts’ 
showing who has ripped off my legit company to date, 
as far as I am aware of. 

To be this influential has come as a self-worth boosting surprise. 

To be this influential with no mention of gratitude 
while subsisting on state benefits 
with less money coming in than I need to feed my kids 
or to get my own career off the ground, 
is emotionally and mentally difficult. 




The Anti-AI Logo 

Anti-AI mob-trolls stole my Anti-AI logo design intended as a book cover for one of my pre-2010 sci-fi novels. They have been using my copyrighted logo without my consent for their purpose of campaigning about people using other peoples art without consent. 





click on image for link to my blogs about this topic





examples of illegal use of copyrighted logo by mob-troll protestors










Disney vs The Explorer 

Disney stole The Explorer character & design from my book series
written prior to 2010, illustrated 2013.
 
Strange World commercially released 2022. 



My character design
illustrated by paid professional artist Dana Chagui
who captured the brief perfectly as I had envisaged the character,
from my written description 

a footnote from the website advertising my forthcoming project 





image used without consent
for educational purposes
within international fair use policy


image used without consent
for educational purpose
within international fair use policy








Death In Space vs SNV 

SciFi rpg stole the logo of my SciFi rpg. 
Death In Space v SNV (Space Ninja Vampirates). 
It’s a bit of an obvious one but also I wonder why it’s on their product at all. 

I bought the amazing and stunningly presented rpg Death In Space by Christian Plogfors and Carl Niblaeus of Free League Publishing on recommendation, only to discover they have stolen the logo from v1 of my own Space rpg. 


Verdict: it’s a big universe: they have been tactful and their product is amazing. As DIS is set in only one galaxy, the League of Free Worlds has not assumed ownership of the whole of the void. In light of the tradition established by StarGate:1 DIS symbolic reference link to SNV is a welcome nod in my direction. The worlds if not the actual rpg systems are very compatible.  The rpg space is going that way anyway; we all want new worlds for old game systems. 



https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/19/19074.phtml  2022 Free League Publishing


www.spaceninjavampirates.weebly.com  ©2014 Ordo Octopia 


https://space-ninja-vampirates.obsidianportal.com  ©2014 Ordo Octopia








image used without accreditation 
for educational purposes
within international fair use policy 






Brains&Brawn RPG 

FighterGuyStudios stole my registered trademark rpg title for his rpg title and blocked me when I mentioned it to him. 




©2016 Ordo Octopia  


©2017 Ordo Octopia:


®2022 Ordo Octopia:


Trademark Registration of Brains & Brawn RPG   ©2022 


FighterGuyStudios: 




Sable
  
This one wasn’t a steal, it was a give; Game Company heavily influenced by my SecondLife identity/character, Sable. A few of us fell in love with the character so I take their reworking as a love-letter. Still, a mention on their Wiki page would not have gone amiss. 


Sable outside her store front in the Old Town Quarters,
after she had completed her Hajj
and decided to settle for awhile in Al Raqis city 



this was from after the sim ownership changed hands and was reinvented,
symbolised by earthquake wrecking much of the city





Shedworks / Raw Fury video game inspired by my character







I will upload Sable with her desert bike (almost identical to the one which inspired the video game art) when I find it in my old hard drive - there is a decade of backlog to sift through, it is not unlike hunting sand-squid in the deep desert. 

Al Raqis (Araxes) sim aka Splintered Rock was a much loved foundational cornerstone of SecondLife. It is much missed. 








Don’t get me started on the content and whereabouts of my missing (stolen) notepads and non-consentual ghost-writing several episodes of Moffats Dr Who. 

Thank fuck they haven’t all found out about project: tRust, yet. 





What does any of this prove?

That I’m further ahead in the game than I had previously been aware of, albeit unrecognised and unpaid. 

That industry people do not respect originators or copyright laws. 

That people I encounter don’t know what to make of me because they don’t know how to accurately pigeonhole me. Am I famous deserving respect or a bum with no income? An ingenious fool? An exploited genius? I question this myself almost constantly. It results in social alienation from all quarters. 



What should I do about any of this? 


1  Do not let myself become bitter about it. 


2  Put it down to experience, rites of passage. 


3 Turn it to my advantage. The receipts prove my integrity. Awareness of the situation launches my career. Recognise my company logo. 


4  Request the general community to recognise what I could be worth if I was properly funded, given my original ideas have generated millions of dollars and a bucket of fame for other people, so far. 


5 Start rubbing shoulders with people who can actually help me instead of rip-off merchants and jealous narcissists. 


6 To stop using the internet. To instead focus my time and creative energies on making real things with my hands which do not rely on electricity. 






The Practicality

All I can do about it is blog, and 
continue writing and developing my projects 
in the time I have to do that. 

Or, begin legal proceedings. 


The Lesson For Them

We do not stop existing simply because you stole from us. 
We roll with the punches. 
We level up. 
We have receipts. 
The community has awareness. 





Could you imagine what could happen to the Welsh Economy 
were the Welsh Development Agency to recognise what they have here 
instead of ignoring me because I am a heterosexual of the male gender? 




Dripping of cool

As you’ll never know
Stolen from me
Friend, Fan or Foe?

Sniffing a fool
Foof joos for snow
Whitewash your coals
Gold rush your soul” 

SnakeAppleTree lyrics






No comments:

Post a Comment